Beer Can Chickenposted on 4 November 2015 | posted in Cool Food
1 whole chicken1 Can of Beer (Any)
1 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp olive oil
For the rub
1 tbsp dry tarragon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Place a roasting pan on a baking dish to prevent making a total messof your oven.
2. Mix all the rub ingredients together.
3. Open the can of beer and pour about ¼ of it into the roasting pan and set the can of beer in thecenter of the roasting pan.
4. Clean the chicken and remove any giblets if it has any and pat it dry with paper towels.
5. Sprinkle over the rub and use your hands to massage all the rub into all the nooks and crannies.
6. Place the chicken upright over the beer can and drizzle the olive oil over the chicken.
7. Bake in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
To check to seeif it's done, insert a knife into the thickest part of the thigh, and the juices should run clear.
Share this blog entry: