Biltong Flat Bread on the grill or braai
posted on 6 April 2015 | posted in Cook With Biltong
- 1 cup Water
- 400 ml White bread flour
- 1 sachet KNORR Cheese and Bacon Flavour Potato Bake
- 10 g Packet instant yeast
- 100 g Biltong, sliced and roughly broken up
- 100 g Flour for dusting
- In a bowl, mix together flour, yeast, KNORR Cheese and Bacon Flavour Potato Bake sachet contents and water to form a soft dough.
- Knead by hand for about 15 minutes or knead in a machine for 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a clean bowl and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- Once risen, knock back and add the biltong.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions.
- Dust the surface lightly with flour, and using a rolling pin, roll each portion of dough into small, flat rounds about 15 cm in diameter.
- Dust off excess flour and place on braai for about 1 minute.
- Turn and cook the other side.
- Tip: Ensure the fire is not too hot or the bread will burn.
view my profile on Google+
Share this blog entry: